Most of us only think about the rubbish when we’re trying to remember which bins go out on which day, however with bins for paper and bins for glass, bins for food and bins for general waste, it’s getting harder to find a space in the garden to hide these unsightly containers.
We thought we’d share some smart and stylish ways you could store your bins:-
- If space is limited why not combine a wooden shelter, screening the bins from the road whilst doubling as a stylish contemporary fence/wall.
- Why not create a wildlife haven by building a wooden structure and turning the roof into an extension of the garden, by planting wildlife-friendly flowers and plants.
- You could use either a lattice screen or a standalone hedge fence to elegantly hide these ugly plastic bins from view.
- Utilise any outhouse buildings you may have as these can be ideal for storing bins, you can style them with evergreen topiary or paint them to tie in with the exterior.
- Fence off a corner of your garden to screen the bins from view, you can also plant some climbing plants in front of the screen.
- Build a brick shelter using the same brick colours to match the house so that it blends perfectly to look like a small extension.
- Add a screening structure that is made from the same materials as your garden fence, this is a great way to make them recede.
- If you have a natural corner in your garden that hides the bins from view and is within easy access to the gate, you could block off with some fencing or artificial hedging.
How do you hide your bins? Let us know in the comments box below.