At Ogilvie Homes we are committed to the training and development of all our staff and believe our people are key to the success of our company.
We are dedicated to delivering an honest and ethical working environment and continually strive to encourage our people to grow through the ranks of Ogilvie Homes.
Housing Assistant Site Manager – Central
Telehandler Operator – Dundee/Angus
Telehandler Operator – Central
Civil Design Engineer/Technician – Click here to find out more
Civil Design Engineer/Technician
We have an opportunity for a Civil Design Engineer/Technician to join our business, Ogilvie Homes a major subsidiary of the Ogilvie Group. You will be based Stirling Head Office and report to the Managing Director.
The successful candidate will be working within a busy office, responsible for generating design information relating to roads, sewers, earthworks designs, and all other engineering related matters. You must be able to work to deadlines, liaising with Land, Technical and Construction Staff at all levels and manage external consultants.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in preparation of viability reports on prospective land to determine site constraints and expertise required
- Assessment of Site Investigation reports to advise constraints, remediation and foundation solutions
- Preparation of commercially efficient Road and Sewer designs sufficient for submission and procurement of Planning, RCC, and Sewer Technical Approval
- Progression of statutory approvals through meeting attendance / negotiation with relevant bodies
- Production of site design including earthworks and volume calculations
- Procurement of existing / proposed utility drawings and co-ordination of site implementation
- Ensure the flow of engineering information / advice to the Project Team
- Management of external design consultants to ensure programme targets are met
- Provide ongoing support / solutions to the Construction Team throughout the development phase
- Attendance and input into regular Client, Progress and Technical meetings
- Co-ordination with and consideration of other disciplines to ensure most effective site solutions
Candidate qualities/experience required:
- Experience of AutoCAD, PDS and Windes Micro Drainage
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Proactive with an ability to use your own initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
You will ideally possess a Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent or be qualified in a suitable Construction discipline. A sound knowledge of the House Building process is essential along with experience in a similar role with a contractor, consultant or developer fulfilling comparable duties and responsibilities as discussed above. You will have the ability to take direction when needed, a willingness to learn new approaches and a fondness for problem solving.
You will possess excellent communication skills being able to convey clear and concise information in both written and verbal format to Project Management and third parties alike. You will be capable of working in a team and independently and being able to prioritise and manage your own time in line with the changing needs of the business. Due to nature of business and role, you will be expected to be flexible with your time and duties.
Hours of work are 8am to 5pm. An attractive salary is offered which will be commensurate with experience. Additional benefits include; Profit Share, fully expensed company car, generous holidays and contributory group personal pension scheme and life assurance.
lease email your CV, along with details outlining your suitability for the position and current remuneration to Pauline Mercer, Group HR Co-ordinator email@example.com Closing date for Applications is Thursday, 15 December 2016.
Ogilvie Group is committed to equal opportunities and diversity for its employees, temporary workers and work seekers. Candidates are assessed on their individual merits and suitability to a position irrespective of race, gender, disability, age, faith or sexual orientation.
Updated February 2016
Email CVs to Pauline Mercer – HR Department